Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's Not All Sunshine and Lollipops

So .. usually my entries detail some fabulous family moment where sunshine envelopes the scene and happiness abounds. This morning isn't one of those moments.

Nathan is out of town (this is the way most tails of misery and woe begin at our house. Think back to Sasha's first six stitches, my 102 fever where my Mom had to fly up to help, etc. Hmmm... that's a good idea, where is my Mother right now??). I got up, dressed, washed my face (for some reason I have time for this when Nathan is out of town but struggle on other occasions ... strange) and came out of my room to find .... P ... O ... O ... P ... EVERYWHERE! There was a pile of poop, a smeared poop, a wet spot, blankies in poop, Blue Bean in a Kleenex box (obviously trying to preserve Bean in the mess) ... it was a scene rivaling any horror movie. But where was the source of the disaster?

I run into Sasha's room to see the clean diaper with safety pins still in tact lying on the floor, a HUGE smeared poop by the door, a completely soaked bed (it even soaked through the protective cover .. do I need a new mattress??) and more mayhem than I can describe. I inform Sasha (I admit ... it was more than an inform kind of voice, our neighbors might have been able to hear the exchange) that he was very, VERY bad and pick him up to clean him up and change his clothes ... I mean shirt as this is the only thing he has on. He tells me while I'm adding a diaper to his look that he's a good boy. Obviously he has a different definition of 'good' than I do.

So ... I type this after removing the 'big' pieces off the floor and setting the Spot Bot on our once light cream carpets to see if this little machine really is a miracle worker. I will also admit to you that I started crying thinking about how I was going to be able to clean everything up, not have to order new flooring (perhaps hard floors would be more practical? Linoleum?), get Sasha ready for the bus, get ready for my all day Master Gardener re-certification class (of course, this couldn't happen on a day when I had nothing on my schedule) and get all of Sasha's stuff out on the porch so my good friend, Arlene, can take Sasha to the daycare after school.

And, the coup de grace of this morning, I have a wet sock that I'm sure is not from the spot bot and my shirt smells like poop where he tried to clean up his mess and put the pile on my desk and I must have missed a spot and now have it all over my sleeve.

Well ... on a postive note, the day has got to get better ... right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home