Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hell Mouth Hath No Fury


During a recent dinner of steak and asparagus, Nathan pulled out a special spice that a friend of ours makes called Hell Mouth. It's very hot (thus the name Hell Mouth) so we sprinkle just a bit on our plate and dip food into it. Sasha starts chiming "I like that, I like that". I let him know that I don't think he likes this. It's very hot. He insists that he likes it and starts to whine.

We sprinkled some on his plate and he tentatively held his piece of steak over the seasoning. We warned again that it was very hot and he only needed a little bit. He rubbed his piece of steak in it and blew on it (it's hot afterall so he needed to cool it down). I explained that it's not temperature hot but spicy hot to which he put the steak in his mouth. He chewed a couple of times and then his eyes got BIG. "My tongue has an ow ... my mouth has an ow", he says. We texplain that this is because it was spicy hot and that he didn't need to eat any more. We were expecting the typical spitting out of the offensive food but he continued chewing. He then took another piece and ran it through the pepper mix and put it in his mouth. Oh my gosh! He likes it! Does his love for spicy hot food go along with his sensory seeking behavior? Hmmm ...

So .. hats off to Jeff the Hell Mouth creator. You have another fan in our three year old who must take after his Gdaddy. Gdaddy, we have a bottle of Hell Mouth for you too. Hopefully you'll like it as much as your grandson does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home