Happy 4th of July!
First, my apologies for the long absence from the blog.
I have to admit that the sudden passing of my mother-in-law, Jan or Happenin' Jan (she was always on the go), left me less motivated to write. She, I believe, was my biggest reader and one of my biggest motivators to post frequently especially about Sasha. I have tried several times to write a tribute blog to her but its just too hard right now so I've decided to continue updating the blog and hope someday to write an entry in her honor. We've had a busy couple of months - Sasha on the rope bridge at Cub Scout Day Camp, Sasha's first zoo adventure, a trip to Lamb's Farm, geocaching, a haircut that makes Sasha look at least three, Sasha meeting his Great Uncle Larry, Great Aunt Karen and Great cousins Alie and Dieter plus a whole bunch of other relatives including Jan's Mom, Great Grandmother Minnie. It's been busy, busy, busy.
We had our annual post-placement report last week. Our social worker, Christine, sat in silence with her mouth agape as she watched Sasha. After a while, she told me that she couldn't believe that this was the same angry, serious little boy that she had met a year ago. Here was a child
that was laughing, having fun just 'messing' with his Mama, liked to be read to and runs around at top speed. This was a totally different person.
I guess it's hard for us to see these kind of changes since we see Sasha each day.
I think as you look back of the photos taken on July 4, 2006 and the ones taken yesterday, you'll agree 'what a difference a year has made'.
Sasha enjoying sparklers for the very first time. Boys and fire - the love affair has started early!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home