Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!
With less than 30 days left 'til spring (I thought I should tell you that as you might not get that from the photos) , we were hit by another winter storm. The snow was heavy
and wet followed by freezing rain. Last night, as huge flakes fell from the sky, I couldn't help but remember the days of my youth when we'd pray that somehow the expert snowplows of Illinois
wouldn't be able to win the war on snow and we'd get a snow day. I don't know why snow days were so much better than a normal Saturday or Sunday but they just were. There was something of a thrill knowing that you somehow cheated school and won (yes, I know you have to make these days up but that just wasn't the point).
Sasha received a sled and a tabogan for Christmas so we decided to break one of them out today so we didn't miss winter altogether.
Nathan pulled him around the yard and he thoroughly enjoyed it (but hey, wouldn't we all love to have Nathan pull us around on a sled though the snow???).
It's currently drizzling rain and freezing. Perhaps we'll get another wave of snow fall tonight. Maybe the plows won't make it out until mid' morning tomorrow. Maybe we'll get a SNOW DAY! Yea!
Even now, snow days still feel good!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home