Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Thank God! We're Coming HOME!!

After returning to the Embassy, in a matter of minutes, I had Sasha's visa. It's nicely packed in a manilla envelope. I never thought that I would treat a mere envelope with such reverence. It's worth gold to us at this point.

For all who have helped along the way, you can't know how much your support has meant to us. And, I have delighted to report, we will get the opportunity to personally thank you soon!

We're scheduled to depart tomorrow at 9:55 a.m. on Polish Airlines. We're coming back business class which hopefully means we'll be able to have our stroller available for us in Warsaw during our layover. You might imagine that, with as much as Sasha enjoys eating, he's quite a chunk of change to carry for any length of time. Fortunately, he prefers walking (or toddling as the case may be) to being picked up. Our flight arrives at O'Hare at 3:10 p.m. We've been told by our good friends, Matt and Mary, that the passport officers indicated that it would take about 1 1/2 hours to get through passport control with the little Russke (who will be a dual citizen at that point).

I promise that any of you who are coming to the airport to greet us are likely to see two very exhausted, potentially weeping women (disheveled, spit up on, possibly smelly) and a very tired little munchkin. We'll be so glad to see y'all. Being stranded over here really makes you appreciate our life in the States. And, as my good friend Meg would remind us, there's plenty of ice cubes awaiting our return. We can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home