Monday, November 26, 2007

Sasha Goes to Sea World

Mom and I decided to take a road trip to San Antonio. I know you can't believe that we signed up for another car ride but we we wanted to take Sasha to Sea World and the San Antonio Zoo.

I
I have to tell you that Sea World is one of my favorate places to go. I think if I could go back, I would become an aquatic animal trainer. There's something thrilling about being around dolphins, sea lions, killer whales and the like. They are so magnificent.

We decided to make sure that we saw Shamu who only does shows a couple times a day. He's a big star so I can understand why he's only contractually obligated to work for a couple of hours.

Wow ... what amazing creatures the killer whales are. Gorgeous ... gorgeous.

Sasha really enjoyed the show. We had taken him to see dolphins before but he didn't really like it unless the dolphins were in the air. With the Shamus, he could see them better (they are BIG!) so he enjoyed the whole show. Oh .. and did I mention that Baba bought a big bag of popcorn for him to eat? I thought he was going to have the whole bag finished before the Shamus ever entered the arena!

And, of course, the day wouldn't have been complete without sampling the Shamu Sundae which Sasha thought was mighty tasty.

We finished the day in the gift shop. I felt certain that perhaps I could find 'backup Beans' here. Obviously we needed a backup Bean. What would we do if we couldn't find Bean one day? There had to be a way to minimize the tears when Bean needed (usually desparately needed) a bath. And, sure enough, we found a huge bin of 'Beans'. I picked up two of them, a Shamu that is as big as Sasha and a little Shamu that plays music. We were set. How smart I thought I was to purchase these backup beans. This ways we could always have one while the other ones are being washed. Oh, so smart.

Sasha immediately liked Shamu. Big "Nu" had to sleep with him and I put one of the new, better than before, less smelly "Beans" next to him. I went to retrieve his diaper bag. He quickly scurried off his bed and presented me with new "Bean". "Hi, Bean", I greeted. "Where blue Bean", he asked. You have to be kidding me!! He knows that this new, fresh Bean isn't his beloved blue Bean. And I thought I was so smart.

We had dinner with my cousin, Jason, which is always a treat. The next day, we packed up the car and headed to the San Antonio Zoo. Good times, good times!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home