The Talk of Sending Mia Back is So Exaggerated!
We've had our struggles with integrating a new munchkin into the household. That's just a fact. There are others who had worse struggles and others still who have had no struggles. We have and continue to have our series of challenges. We haven't stood by waiting for the day when the new norm descends upon our household. We've enlisted the best professionals in our area to help with the adjustment and, after months of work, I now firmly believe that things happen when they're going to happen. I know, I know .. it's not very scientific but kids just reach a point when they're ready and there's no rushing that timeline no matter how hard we want it.
Despite our behavioral challenges, I've always thought that Sasha and Mia truly love each other. Yes, she shrieks when he points his GeoTrax track at her like a weapon and he fusses when she steals his favorite guy but they truly seem to love one another. He always makes sure that any candy is fairly shared with his sister and she seeks out his company no matter where he is or what ill deed he has recently inflicted upon her.
In the past couple of months, I've only heard Sasha say a couple of times that we 'should send Mia back to Russia'. When asked why he thought this he would comment that she was bad. Too funny.
Tonight we didn't sheriff bedtime activity as much as usual. We're just tired and the thought of fighting another night tooth and nail to get peace at bedtime wasn't in us. I peeked in on them and
saw that Sasha was no longer in his bed. Where was he? Was he camping on the floor? Had he fallen out of bed? I peered into Mia's crib and there they both were. So .. I'm glad that the talk of Mia's return was exaggerated. Sasha fusses if he thinks he will have to spend a night apart from his sister (they currently share a room and this is only necessary when one of them is very ill and we're trying to minimize sleep disruption and the spread of a plague). I had thought this was because he appreciated a good audience but perhaps there is more to it.
So amongst the challenges comes the cute moments. Obviously, Sasha
loves his sister and Mia is lucky to have him as a big brother.
P.S. Not only is Sasha sleeping in his sister's crib but all his 'friends' are there as well. This was obviously a planned sleep over. See zebra, whale, lamb, JP the gray elephant .. all Sasha friends. Poor Mia is left without any blankies but Sasha looks very comfy on his end. Too funny!
Labels: Munchkin Sleep Over
4 Comments:
This is the funniest and sweetest thing I have heard in a long time! HUGE progress!!!
OMGosh, that is the sweetest thing ever. Maybe if I put my 2 boys in the same bed they wouldn't fight all the time???? I could only hope!
Just think, one day instead of fighting with each other they will join forces and gang up on us the parents.....that is what I'm afraid of, LOL!
Hugs!!
That is the sweetest thing! Thanks for being so honest. Miss Mia looks like she is getting even more hair!
Hello Tamara,
Great to see you are blogging. I think my brother asked the same thing as Sasha. I think most big brothers feel that way.
The pictures of them camping together in the crib is so cute.
Love reading your blog. You are a very good writer you would make a great children's book author. Maybe something like the adventures of Sasha & Mia.
Cant wait to see you soon in Feb.
Shelle
Post a Comment
<< Home